Search This Blog

Sunday, March 6, 2016

How to find good restaurants cheap

So this weekend I went to a nice dinner at The Melting Pot, a great fondue restaurant I know of, on accounts of a special occasion. It, in fact, is my new favorite restaurant. However, as a meal for 6 clocked almost 400 dollars, I will not be going as an every Friday thing. However, many of my favorite restaurants do not cost an arm and a leg, or require reservations, or take many hours to consume. I will teach you my family secret to success in the eating industry. It is a several step process. First, abandon your current eating patterns, most people fall into going to the same few restaurants, locking them into a dangerous cycle of boring same orders and never trying new places, making it impossible to find the good cheap food. The second step is to try the little hole-in-the-wall, mom and pop, run down looking places, especially those that you have not heard anything negative about, or anything by that matter. It is all a game, a gamble, you get really good food at a good price, or it sucks and you don't go back. Food poisoning is something that can happen although it's rare. Some of the best meals I have ever had are a house fried rice at a small local Thai place and a giant Navajo taco that looked like a pizza while passing through the little town of Las Vegas New Mexico in a restaurant themed off of smiley faces. Long story short go to small places, take the risk, it's worth the reward. See ya and allons-y.

No comments:

Post a Comment