Search This Blog

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Thoughts of the week

So, this week has been pretty good for me. Nico has found out what has been causing his moods (ADD meds and caffeine). However, this week I have been slammed with work. Long story short, do not sign up for presentations while assuming the sign up sheet is in order of when they are due. It may not be and you have half a semester of scattered presentations due in one week.   So, today I would like to talk about priority and work ethic. I recommend, in life, to have a hierarchy of priority, ready to come into play whenever time becomes short. I hate to say it, but my education takes priority right now. Furthermore, I suggest that this list be updated at least monthly, although do not make it your priority, this is a good thing to procrastinate a few days if needed. Furthermore, do not by any means spend extra time on games or fun internet activities when you have already had to eliminate some priorities, you can be strong, soon the time will be there again. This is called work ethic. Now, I'm not going to lie to you and say it can always be fun, or made into a game. This is a lie we are told our whole lives, and are forced to tell others. Sure, it can be fun sometimes, but sometimes it is work, and that's all there is to it. Convince yourself it's worth it and force yourself to do it. It is one small chunk of time and worth it. I do not believe personally in brain breaks, especially if you lack self discipline to get back to work. But all brain breaks, it has been proven, damage productivity for around twenty minutes. I recommend music as an alternative, however, there is catches to that too. If you mess with your playlist, volume, start having your attention drawn to it (I love this song, I hate this song, this is a new one, etc.), or have any other related distractions, it takes time and damages productivity for those same twenty minutes. A lot of experts recommend classical for this, or other lyric-less music. My working playlist is 100 songs long and each one has words, and is the same one I use to work out. They say use a different one for each and have a calmer one for paper and computer work. I find the energy and good mood great for work, but it depends on the person. One final note, make sleep relatively high on the priority list, especially a consistent sleep schedule, but not top. All-nighters are sometimes necessary for work to be finished, or for fun to be had. One thing, always make every thing you do worth the consequences, especially, well for everything in life. Reward-risk-consequences=a mathematical answer for doing our not doing something. Don't let the priority list dictate your life, only when indecisive on how to use time,  because you don't have time for internal debate. See  ya and allons-y.

No comments:

Post a Comment